Release Notes - May 2018
What's new in V9:
- Updated of NSW Marine Data - lights, buoys, markers and boat ramps for both coastal and inland waterways.
- Inclusion of SA & Qld marine Data (limited)
- Unrestricted Autorouting (GPS model dependant) - ability to autoroute over much longer distances, much improved calculation times and along ALL road types
- Inclusion of CAMPS9 locations
- Inclusion of remote camping spots from Boiling Billy Publications
- Inclusion of Vic & NSW high country hut locations
- Updated POIs, 2+ million
- Updated mapping from Map Data Services as of their Q4 2017 release with additional roads, tracks, pois and National Parks and State forest boundaries.
- Available on 64GB mSD - suit Zumo 395,396,595, BMW Nav V & VI ONLY
**Autorouting Specific Notes:
OZtopo V5 introduced autorouting to the product for the first time at the request of many customers. We have included many improvements in V9 but we feel it worth restating our experiences. There have been many challenges while adding this feature but we believe we have achieved excellent results. However, we understand that while our testing has been as thorough as our resources allow, there may still be errors or omissions in the final product. Please take this into account when using the product and report any errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure your GPS is set to use unpaved roads, ie untick or turn off the "Avoid Unpaved Roads" setting in the Navigation Options section.
Similarly, within MapSource or BaseCamp (Garmin's computer software) make sure "Avoid unpaved roads" is unticked and the activity profile is to Motor Cycle or ATV (in BaseCamp).
** as of BaseCamp V4.4.6 the Activity Profile of Driving has major routing flaws. We recommend Motor Cycle or ATV or upgrading to V4.5.2 of BaseCamp.
As normal when travelling in remote areas or using 4WD tracks obey ALL signs, private property notices and locked gates. A road marked on OZtopo does not indicate you have right of passage. Weather conditions can severely change road conditions and make some tracks impassable very quickly. Road maintenance on some of these tracks may be non existent so their condition may have deteriated to a point of being impassable.
As a result of any or all of the above, your automatically calculated route may not be able to be used. An alternative route may need to be determined.
Garmin's City Navigator maps offer more on road/driving features eg speed limits, road hazards (bends), high accident areas than OZtopo especially in more populated areas. One of OZtopo design goals was not to compete with this product but to provide more extensive rural and outback mapping. When travelling in these more populated areas and you wish to use City Navigator in preference to OZtopo.